The Bush Pig gets a Makeover!
It goes from this;
in one afternoon/evening!
And this is how it was done!
First the bit of mild steel exhaust pipe, injector-cap/shroud and threaded studs went,
and then I flared one end of a piece of
stainless 1,1/4" tube 17,3/4" long,
then the Gas Injector gets the treatment,
and welded to the combustion chamber with
the tapered shroud added at this time as well!
All that's left to do is fabricate a large washer and weld it between the injector casing and the front of the tapered shroud, and then,........................Fire It Up!
And fire it up I did,
seems I am very good at designing Ram-Jets,
shame, I'm setting out to design a Pulse-Jet!
The combustion seems to be happening in the beginning of the exhaust pipe not in the combustion chamber!
Mark and I branestormed about it last nite and came up with 3 possibilities;
1, the c/chmbr is too short,
(we'll fix that by cutting the c/chmbr behind the spark-plug and adding more length to it!)
2, the air intake is too small,
( the fix here is a little out there cos I didn't want to pull the injector assy apart, [I welded it too well!!] so we'll drill down thru the shroud and c/chmbr at the front, to let in more air!, and seal the shroud temporarily with aluminium tape in case we need to adjust the airflow!)
3 the Shroud is too short.
(easy, I'll get another 2 1/2" to 3" reducer and weld it to the original)(this will also act as a concentrator for the thrust created at this point!)