Sunday, February 4, 2007

Nearly a fatal wedgie

While just gliding around under her para glider 2,500 meters or around 8000 feet up Nicky Moss (of the English para gliding team) got attacked by a couple of wedge tail eagles.

Reuters is running the story about her twisted tail in outback New South Wales, in a bid to become a better para glider pilot and beat us in the world championships Nicky was just flying around minding her own business when a couple of Wedge tail eagles swooped in and scared her right in to a wedgie, and at that height I think it came with a skid mark or three.

"I heard screeching behind me and a eagle flew down and attacked me, swooping down and bouncing into the side of my wing(para glider) with its claws," Moss told Reuters on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment