Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Air Wasp

Earth shattering News dept.


I am now the proud Owner/Builder of a working Pulse Jet!




The Bush Pig was a bit of a Dud,
(Mark reckons it's a win coz we got it to run, I say it's a dud coz it wouldn't sustain it self without the start air!)

But it was a learning experience nonetheless.







The trick is to make a Pulse Jet not a Ramjet!

Anyway, I was a bit bummed so, I went online and found a plan, (of an actual working one, [I checked on Utube first!]) of a Chinese Acoustic Folded Wave Engine!

I had to change it slightly, for ease of construction.
( you know me, I had to give it the Mick twist!)
If you look closely at the plan vs, Me you'll see my combustion chamber is stepped and the plan calls for a proper concentric cone, as I said earlier it was an ease of construction thing!

I did find out however. that the most important thing is, the centre line of the inlet tube must be aimed at the seam between the domed front and the c/chamber at the bottom!
(don't ask!, suffice to say it put me back a day on the build!)





I must say starting one of these Bastards is actually not quite rocket science but, it seemed like it, till you work out the art to it!












But the upshot is,

It runs!

Most Importantly,

By itself
!





Warning! Wear hearing protection!

Wow the noise Indescribable!!!!!!
No matter how hard you poke your fingers into your ears, it's still uncomfortable!
( the noise that is)
(pushing in your fingers too hard is no picnic either!)

And I wasn't prepared for this, the Vibration!
It's incredible, you can actually feel it in the ground coming up through your Feet!

We did take a Video but it has to be edited, so you'll have to wait for my next post!

The pix will be better tomorrow (it'll be daylight!)
I have a full tank of L.P.G. and I intend to use it!

That's all for this post,
see Y'all soon,
cheers, Mick. ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment